Friday, January 5, 2007

Car Twin

Hello, and welcome to my first post/blog. I figured I'd start with what's on my mind......
So last week my friend called me on the phone and it went something like this:
Friend: Wow you must like to drink
Me: What?
Friend: I have seen your car at the liquor store atleast three times this week
Me: I seriously doubt that
Friend: Yeah right! Don't be ashamed to admit you have a problem (halfway joking)
Me: DUDE, I don't know what you are talking about!
So I kept wondering about why he thought it was me....I should note I have a Honda Passport..those are pretty rare I have seen maybe two in town to date, and mine is a not so common color: silver, plus it has Running boards which really set it apart.
Yesterday I was driving home and I turn at the liquor store...I saw it! A VERY similar vehicle to mine... in fact the same color. It isn't a Honda Passport though. It's an Isuzu Rodeo, which looks identical to an untrianed eye (as though my eye is trained to spot those things)....anyway it's the same color as mine... So now this is a problem, someone out there with my cars twin is making me look like a lush by going to the liquor store a lot! The way I see it there are only a few solutions:
1. Kindly ask the man or lady to give up drinking for my and their own sake.
2. Put a large sticker in my back window distinguishing my vehicle even further but also sacrificing visability and risking a future wreck.
3. Use the mistaken identity to my advantage..... anytime I forget something or let something slip or for any excuse for that matter
Person #1: Hey Dan, that wasn't cool of you to back into my car the other day.
Me: Sorry, I have a drinking problem
Person #2: Hey Dan, Could you watch my kids on Saturday?
Me: Sorry, I have a drinking problem
Person #3: Hey Dan, mind helping me move?
Me: Sorry, I have a drinking problem
Person #4: Hey Dan, that wasn't cool of you not to show up at AA and be my support
Me: sorry, I have a...oh wait that won't work for that one...DOH!


No comments: