Friday, February 2, 2007

Car Twin part Duex!

It happened! I came face to face with my car twins owner. Ironically he was at the liquor store. Today being Friday and I just finished dropping off a load for shipment at the post office I felt like picking up a six pack. I saw my nemesis there before I even pulled in. A smile of grimace overtook my face. I pulled up, and went in. I curiously looked around as though I didn't know what I wanted, secretly looking for my foe like a hunter stalking its prey...Nothing! Only the lady at the front counter, then I heard indistinguishable voices coming from the back office. He was in there talking to the owner. I had to concede for now. I paid for my six pack of happiness and returned to my vehicle. As I was buckling up I saw a man approach. After seeing me he seemed almost started. I then realised it was he. He was leaving and mistook my vehicle for his own. After seeing me in it he must have glanced over to see his own. He then tried to play it off as though nothing happened. For a brief moment our eyes met and it was if I could read his thoughts, a wave of calm overtook me as I realised....my truck is better than his. I waved at him and he waved back. While our short friendship only lasted a few brief seconds it has left a mark on my heart I shall never forget. So long car twin!

No comments: